9.21.2011

Name Banner

This is one of my favorite projects that I have done so far. My best friend had a beautiful baby girl this summer and I wanted to give her something personal for her nursery. I asked her to send me the color scheme that she was using and then picked my fabrics from there. I wanted the banner to be somewhat sturdy, not just flimsy fabric, so I chose to back each letter with white felt. (I bought the pre-cut rectangles of felt from Michaels, which, as a bonus, also determined the size of each rectangle for me!) This is a project that anyone with a sewing machine could do, and it would look adorable in any nursery or child’s room!
Materials:
  • Fabric
  • Felt
  • Pom Pom Fringe
  • Ribbon
  • Thread

Instructions:
  1. Using a stencil or free hand, cut out each felt letter. 
  2. Hand stitch each letter onto the desired piece of fabric. (I made my stitches large, because I liked the look it gave.) 
[Steps 3-4 below]





Give this banner a try! It is simple to make and is a great personal touch to a child's room!
*ATH*

No comments:

Post a Comment