9.22.2011

Old Jacket. New Life.

Thrift store shopping might not be your favorite thing in the world to do, but maybe I can change your mind. Maybe? Fall is on it’s way and I am so excited for the changing leaves and cooler weather, but cooler weather means jackets! I absolutely love jackets, but simply cannot afford to spend $50, $60, $70 + for one. So, my solution is thrift stores! Now, just to warn you, patience is required when it comes to this type of shopping. It can be very hit or miss. Luckily, I have been “hitting” more than “missing” lately! 

 


This first jacket is one that I found for a whopping $8.00! It is a Banana Republic jacket in perfect condition. Although I loved it the way it was, I decided to give it a little more style by simply switching out the buttons! I replaced the one large button in the middle and then added three smaller buttons to each sleeve. (The sleeve buttons are not functional, they are just there for looks.) Total cost of this jacket $12! Now, that’s a bargain!


This second jacket, I also found at a thrift store. I love the singed in waist and the pleating on the back. I didn’t have to make any changes to this one! Grand total: $7.00!
I hope this was a little bit of an inspiration to get out there and try thrift store shopping! Good luck!
*ATH*

No comments:

Post a Comment