I completed this project earlier this spring, but thought it was too cute not to share! Plus, it was SO simple to make! It has been a great addition to my kitchen - perfect for grocery lists or reminders for the day!
- Piece of wood (Any shape or size)
- Blue Painter’s Tape
- Chalkboard spray paint (Your preference of color - I like black)
- Hot glue gun / Hot glue
- String / Ribbon for hanging
- Chalk for writing
- Take the piece of wood and tape all the way around the edges, preventing an inch or two from being painted.
- I chose to use an exacto knife to clean up the inside rim of the tape.
- Spray the wood in long, even strokes with the chalkboard paint. Allowing approximately 20 minutes between coats, repeat this step 2 or 3 times.
- After allowing the wood to fully dry, carefully peel off the tape.
- Using the hot glue gun, attach some string or ribbon to the back for hanging.