When I first saw these three lamp globes thrown into a trash pile I, number one, was shocked that they were not broken, and number two, knew that I had to make something with them! I had remembered seeing a picture, a while back, of hanging bird feeders made with globes similar to these. I decided to take a spin off of that idea, but instead of making them into feeders, making them into planters!
- Hanging Succulent (I used “String of Tears”)
- Manila Rope
- Hot glue gun
- Flameless tealight candles
- (Refer to image above) With joined knot at the bottom of the globe, hot glue rope 1 up each side of the globe and robe 2 straight up the back of the globe.
- Bring all strings together at the top and tie them together, securing them in place.
- After all strings are tied together, cut off the excess of string 2.
- With the two remaining strings (rope 1) create a loop at the top to hang from a hook, or simply tie the globe to hang.
- Fill the bottom portion of the globe with soil and plant!
- (Optional) Place flameless tea light inside and watch them glow!
It is true that ones man's trash can be another man's treasure!