11.18.2011

DIY Christmas Collar

As I have mentioned before, I love my Olde English Bulldog, Olive, AND I love to spoil her! Unfortunately, as a married college student, my wallet isn’t exactly busting at the seams with extra spending money. Because of this, I am always having to think of ways to be creative in taking the things that inspire me and recreating them on a budget. Christmas is just around the corner and stores are filled with adorable holiday items - including Petsmart. My husband and I ran in to buy Olive some dog food and I was immediately distracted by the sparkly, velvety, jingley Christmas collars! Although $15.00 isn’t that much money, I still could not justify spending that amount when I knew I could recreate this look for MUCH less! 

Materials:
  • Dog/Cat collar
  • Felt, or Fleece, or Leather... or much more! 
  • Scissors 
  • Needle & Thread
  • Bead or button for middle of flower

First, I started with a red collar that I already had laying around the house. Next I made the flowers. These flowers are very simple to make, and to learn, I watched this tutorial on YouTube. 

I did make my flowers smaller than the ones in the tutorial and used regular scissors instead of a special cutting tool. Here is what I ended up with!

 


I loved these flowers so much that I couldn't resist making a more practical "everyday collar" shown below. 



If you have a pet that you also love to spoil, try making these yourself! To be honest, I like mine better than the ones at the store. =)
*ATH*




No comments:

Post a Comment