12.01.2011

Wooden Candle Holders

I have always admired the fancy candles out there that look like they are made of wood, but I could never bring myself to spend $15 on a single candle! This is my version of the same look, but for less! Plus, mine will last as long as the candle is replaced!






Materials:
- Wood
- Table saw
- Drill
- 1 1/2 inch drill bit
- Tea light candles


Instructions: 
- After each piece of wood is cut to the desired size, use the 1 1/2 inch bit to drill a hole into the center, about 3/4 inch deep.
- To protect any surface that the candle will be setting on, cut out and glue felt to the bottom of each candle holder. 
- Place a tea light candle in the hole and light! 
- *Optional: I decided to add some lace to the top of mine, just for looks! 



*ATH*







1 comment:

  1. I have always admired the fancy candles out there that look like they are made of wood, but I could never bring myself to spend $15 on a single ... hcandlewood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete