1.19.2012

Old Collar Made New

I have to admit... I have a weakness for "fashionable" doggie items. Martha Stewart has come out with some especially adorable dog-wear items, a few of which I have purchased in the past. My bulldog, Olive, could wear a different collar every day of the week if she wanted - or I guess if I wanted. =) However, there are a few that have began to look not so pretty. This red collar was in perfect condition, just old, faded, and a little dirty. BUT never fear! I knew how to fix that!

I made a trip to Michaels and bought this paint - good for fabrics and many other surfaces!
The pink coral is "Geranium" and the gold, "Yellow Gold."

I painted two thin coats of the coral paint, then let it dry.

Next, I painted horizontal stripes approx. 1/2 inch apart, then filled in the spaces with diagonal lines, switching their direction. 

Ta! Da! I love how it turned out!

Olive likes it too!



If you have a pet that you love - and love to spoil - think of some ways that you can reuse something old that needs some TLC. I would love to hear your ideas! Good luck!

*ATH*




No comments:

Post a Comment