10.17.2012

Festive Cloth Napkins!

I am proud to say that my husband and I have been using cloth napkins, instead of buying paper ones, for 1 year strong! I've also rubbed off on my parents and now they are using cloth napkins! It really doesn't seem like a sacrifice at all... it actually has more pros than cons, in my opinion. I love them so much in fact, that I made a set for a friend of mine when she got married! =) I hope she likes them as much as I do! 

Now, because I am a weirdo when it comes to things matching in my house, I decided that I needed to make some cloth napkins to go along with the fall season and this is what I came up with! I like this fabric because it works for Halloween, but can also be carried out through Thanksgiving. 


Unlike traditional cloth napkins, which are large and meant to be used on your lap, I make mine the size of a typical paper napkin that you would buy at the store. I like this size much better, plus they look adorable in a napkin holder! 




They are so simple to make, will last years, and are just plain cuter than paper napkins! Now I'm already thinking about Christmas... Guess I better get to the fabric store! =) 

Check out my tutorial post from last October if you are interested in making your own! (*For these new napkins I have changed the size to be 1 inch bigger - 7 in. x 7 in. instead of the original 6 in. x 6 in.)

*ATH*


1 comment:

  1. thinking i will be doing these for other holidays too! GREAT BLOG!

    ReplyDelete