9.09.2013

Botanical Poster DIY


I have always loved the look of these scientific botanical posters, but could never get myself to spend the money on one. I noticed that IKEA came out with this poster for crazy cheap a really reasonable price, but I live in Hawaii and they won't ship anything here. Total tragedy, I know.

Sooo... of course I did what I always do and made one myself! It still might be a work in progress and I will probably add more to it as time goes along, but for now I am really happy with the look that it gives. Oh, and it was so easy it's ridiculous, which is always a plus! Here's what you will need to do:

1. Buy a black poster board {I chose the foam board so I wouldn't have to worry about it bending.} and one or two wooden dowels. {I bought one and then cut it in half.}
2. Print out some google images of flowers on shipping label sheets.
3. Cut out the flowers. {There were tiny spaces of white that I chose to color in black, instead of killing my hand to cut them out.} 
4. Arrange the flowers on the poster board. 
5. Peel off the backing and stick your flowers into place.
6. Hot glue a dowel to the top and bottom of the poster board. 
7. Tie a string to the top dowel.
8. Hang! 

Easy as pie! {Except, it's actually easier than really making a pie...} 


I'm really happy with how it turned out! What do you guys think?

*ATH*

No comments:

Post a Comment